Thursday 23 June 2011

Podcasting

I have learned heaps with this unit on podcasting, even though I thought I was pretty familiar with it already.

I noted that Cockburn put out a podcast for a local history talk, even though I couldn't actually get it to work! This seems like a good area for our library to cover too. Perhaps Leesa could do some talks about her interesting discoveries with the readers in Cambridge who were researching their ancestors! (I liked the recent story on your blog, Leesa).
When we have our own library blog  some of our more interesting Guest Speakers' talks could be podcast after the event.
A special Cambridge Library Readers' Blog which I proposed last year, should contain links to podcasts:  for instance of the ABC Radio National's Book Show, or other programs that feature talks by authors (eg Margaret Throsby's interviws on Classic FM). Other general arts podcasts could also be included as we find them. The ABC also has podcasts of play readings and book readings, so these could be included too.

No comments:

Post a Comment